DVS Logo

Driver and Vehicle Services

A Division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety

Back to Search Steps

Tabs-Vehicle Registration - Permits - Hunter


A Minnesota Traveler's Registration (Hunter) permit, is issued to a truck owner-operator whose Minnesota prorate plates were surrendered to a trucking firm at the termination of a lease agreement.​ This permit can be obtained the Central Prorate Office:

Driver and Vehicle Services - Central Office
Prorate Unit
445 Minnesota Street
Suite 190
St. Paul, MN 55101-5190
Policies and Procedures



Driver and Vehicle Services – Central Office
Town Square Building
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 168
Saint Paul, MN 55101-5168

Vehicle Services DVS.motor.vehicles@state.mn.us

Motor Vehicle: (651) 297-2126
Office Locations: (651) 297-2005
Assistance for Hearing Impaired Callers (TDD/TTY): (651) 282-6555​

Related Links