DVS Logo

Driver and Vehicle Services

A Division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety

Back to Search Steps

Tabs-Vehicle Registration - Permits - Trip


A temporary permit is issued to non-Minnesota based motor carriers traveling interstate in Minnesota with a gross vehicle weight over 26,000 pounds. It is also issued to any unit with three or more axles regardless of gross vehicle weight. This permit can be obtained the Central Prorate Office:

Driver and Vehicle Services - Central Office
Prorate Unit
445 Minnesota Street
Suite 190
St. Paul, MN 55101-5190

Policies and Procedures



Driver and Vehicle Services – Central Office
Town Square Building
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 168
Saint Paul, MN 55101-5168

Vehicle Services DVS.motor.vehicles@state.mn.us

Motor Vehicle: (651) 297-2126
Office Locations: (651) 297-2005
Assistance for Hearing Impaired Callers (TDD/TTY): (651) 282-6555

Related Links