DVS Logo

Driver and Vehicle Services

A Division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety

Back to Search Steps

Title- Vehicle-Transfer- Report a Sale


You may make a Report of Sale online.

You must submit a report of sale if your car was:

  • Transferred or sold to an individual
  • Donated
  • Junked or totaled

You do NOT need to submit a report of sale if:

  • You purchased the vehicle
  • You transferred ownership of the vehicle to a Dealer

Title Transfers MUST be done at your local motor vehicle office. This page does NOT automatically transfer titles.




Driver and Vehicle Services – Central Office
Town Square Building
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 168
Saint Paul, MN 55101-5168

Driver and Vehicle Services Renewal
P.O. Box 64587
St. Paul, MN 55164-0587


Vehicle Services: DVS.motor.vehicles@state.mn.us


Motor Vehicle: (651) 297-2126
Office Locations: (651) 297-2005
Assistance for Hearing Impaired Callers (TDD/TTY): (651) 282-6555


Related Links