Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

gender change

​To change your gender on a driver's license, instruction permit, or identification card, you must provide one of the following documents:
  1. Court order that changes your gender
  2. Court order that changes your gender and name
  3. Medical certification of appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition in the form of an original letter from a licensed physician (the document must have enough biographical data (e.g., name and date of birth) to clearly identify you. 
NOTE:  If you cannot provide documentation to meet the requirements above, you may submit a variance request with the $10 fee.