The new MNDRIVE system for motor carriers goes live on Oct. 4.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services division (DPS‐DVS) will launch the second phase of the Minnesota Drive (MNDRIVE) system on Oct. 4.
- MNDRIVE replaces Explore for International Registration Plan (IRP), International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) and other motor vehicle transactions.
- MNDRIVE provides motor carriers with secure system access and online payment using multi-factor authentication.
Use MNDRIVE to:
- Upload documents such as proof of heavy use tax payment.
- Apply for new IRP and IFTA accounts.
- Process IFTA annual renewal.
- File IFTA quarterly tax returns.
- Obtain IFTA decals.
- Change vehicle weight.
- Add and delete vehicles from accounts.
- Apply for replacement plates, stickers and cab cards.
- Download and print cab cards.
Explore System Going Away
The Explore system will no longer be available once DPS-DVS launches the new MNDRIVE online service for motor carriers on Oct. 4.
Motor carriers currently using Explore should prepare for the transition by checking their accounts and verifying the following information is current:
- Email addresses (must be user specific). Please delete old contacts.
- Phone numbers.
- Address – please provide presence document to DPS-DVS for review before changing your address.
Watch for more information in the weeks ahead.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.