HSEM Exercise Program
Realistic exercise of core capabilities prepares emergency management organizations for real world events. The HSEM Exercise Program offers support through:
- Exercise training courses
- Assistance with exercise planning, conduct and evaluation
- Planning resources and documentation materials
Training and Exercise Plan (TEP)
HSEM conducts annual regional and state workshops to produce a multi-year Training and Exercise Plan (TEP). The TEP outlines state training priorities and establishes a calendar of proposed training and exercise events.
HSEM uses and recommends the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) methodology for emergency management training and exercise. This methodology:
- Challenges participants with increasingly advanced courses and exercise scenarios
- Includes, strengths and confirms lessons learned
- Identifies a jurisdiction's capability strengths as well as those in need of improvement
- Provides a means of evaluation and corrective action for exercises
- Ensures a method to share lessons learned and best practices from training courses and exercises
For HSEEP information and materials, visit the FEMA Preparedness Toolkit.
For more information regarding the HSEM Exercise Program