What's Your Winter?
Enter the 5th annual DPS "What's Your Winter?" Photo Contest! The 2013-14 contest runs from Saturday, December 1, 2013 through Friday, March 1, 2014.
The 2013 “What’s Your Winter?” photo contest is open to adults and kids! We are looking for good quality digital images taken during winter of how people in Minnesota enjoy the season in these categories.
Please post photos in one of four categories in both adult and youth divisions:
- Kids in Winter(Children in a winter’s setting)
- Winter Holidays (Christmas, Chanukah, New Year, MLK, President’s Day)
- Outdoor Sports (Pond hockey, skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, etc.)
- Mother Nature (Minnesota’s beauty or fury in winter)
How to Enter
Please note these entry requirements:
- Entries must include the image title, location where it was taken, which category you are entering, full name and age of the photographer of each image. (Photographers under 17 will be entered in the Youth Division). All images must have been taken somewhere in Minnesota.
- Total attachment size must be less than 10 Mb in each separate email.
- Maximum of 5 photos per photographer. Photographers may enter all images in a single category or select different categories, as long as the total submission does not exceed 5 photographs.
- You will not receive an acknowledgement of receipt but should see your photos uploaded within 2 days on the DPS Flickr webpage.
- Submissions must be made between December 1, 2013 and March 2, 2014.
- All submitted entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned; the Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Entries not in accordance with the requirements listed above or containing any material deemed by the sponsor to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
- All entries will be posted on the DPS Flickr photo page. Selected entries will be published on the Minnesota DPS/Homeland Security and Emergency Management website.
After carefully reading these rules below, entrants may email photographs as attached .jpg files to
Judging and Prizes
At the conclusion of the contest, all qualified photos will be submitted to and judged by a select panel from the DPS or HSEM staff. A grand prize will be awarded for the best overall image from each division (adult and youth) along with the top judged photos in each category.
- Grand Prize – NOAA Weather Radio
- Best in Category – Winter Safety Kit item.
Prizes may be substituted for items of equal or greater value depending on availability. Prizes will be distributed following completion of the competition and announcement of the winners in March.