Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
OJP Logo

Office of Justice Programs

A Division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety

Interstate Compact Notification

In certain circumstances, an offender convicted in Minnesota and on probation or parole can have his or her supervision transferred to another state under the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision,
The Minnesota Interstate Compact Notification service (MN ICN) provides automated notices relating to offenders with convictions in Minnesota whose supervision has been transferred to another state.
To request to be notified of certain changes in the supervision status of an offender supervised in another state, you must complete a MN ICN request form (link below). The information provided is entered into the VINE notification system, which provides automated notifications by phone or email.
For data privacy reasons, individuals cannot register for Interstate Compact notifications for an offender whose application for transfer to another state is pending. Offenders whose applications have been approved and who are currently under the compact are listed on this website: Interstate Compact Offender Tracking System – Public Web Portal. Please check the public web portal before submitting your MN ICN request form.
Your request will be processed by victim services staff in the Office of Justice Programs, a process which may take up to 5 business days. You will receive a notification from the VINE service when your registration has been completed. If there are any problems with your request, you will be contacted by victim services staff.
Individuals who request to be notified will get the following notifications:
  • Confirmation of registration
  • Offender’s successful arrival in the new state
  • Offender’s failure to arrive
  • Offender has changed address
  • Supervision violation
  • Abscond notification
  • Case closed
 To register with the MN Interstate Compact Notification service, click here.

For common questions related to interstate transfers of supervision, click here.

If you have any questions, please call 651-201-7310 or email