OJP staff provide training and presentations to criminal justice professionals on issues including victim rights, financial compensation, victim notification, post conviction issues and other customized training curricula.
Minnesota Victim Assistance Academy
The Office of Justice Programs is pleased to offer the Minnesota Victim Assistance Academy!
- Foundational level educational opportunity designed to improve the quality and consistency of victim services in Minnesota
- For victim service providers, criminal justice professionals, law enforcement, this training uses a multi-disciplinary approach to help restore the victim to whole and regain control of their lives.
- Comprehensive curriculum with academic credit through St. Cloud State University (available for an additional fee)
- CEU credits for POST, MN Continuing Legal Education and MN Board of Social Work are available
- Tentative dates for the 2020 MNVAA Academy are: October 6-9, 2020 with an evening reception on October 6th, and November 18-20, 2020. Attendees are expected to attend all sessions on each date in its entirety.
- MNVAA is an academic environment with approximately 40 attendees/graduates annually.
OJP offers free, one day training opportunities for victim services, social services and law enforcement professionals who work with crime victims. This training is offered in various locations around Minnesota; both metro and outstate depending on space availability and demand.
If you are interested in having a regional training in your area, please contact Joann Jones at 651-201-7318 or Joann.Jones@state.mn.us
Training and Presentations for Your Agency
The Office of Justice Programs can provide training on a variety of topics, including:
Crime Victim Rights - basic and advance presentations
Building Basic Identity Theft Advocacy Skills
Data Practices and Crime Victims
Ethics and Crime Victims in the Prosecution Process
Crime Victim Reparations (financial compensation program for victims)
Research and Program Evaluation
Law Enforcement Supervisor Management
Gang and Drug Trends in Minnesota
Task Force specific topics upon request.
For further information on these trainings, or general inquiries on OJP presentations, please contact Joann Jones at 651-201-7318 or Joann.Jones@state.mn.us