ST. PAUL — Six police officers who were present during the in-custody death of a Rochester, Minn., man have been identified.
- Officer Wade Blazejak has been with the Rochester Police Department for six years.
- Officer David Dezell has been with the department for two years.
- Officer Matthew Loken has been with the department for two years.
- Sergeant John Mitchell has been with the department for 11 years.
- Officer Jason Weseley has been with the department for six years.
- Officer Collin Winters has been with the department for three years.
The Southern Minnesota Regional Medical Examiner identified the deceased as Albert Thomas Dashow, 39, of Rochester. The medical examiner has not determined the cause and manner of death, pending additional investigation.
No firearms, Tasers or other weapons were used during the incident.
The incident began shortly before 9 p.m. on March 27, 2019, when officers pulled Dashow over for erratic driving. The Rochester Police Department released additional information about the incident on March 28. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) is investigating the incident at the request of the police department.
Body camera video captured the incident. No additional information is available at this time due to the active investigation. When the investigation is complete, the BCA will turn its findings over without recommendation to the Olmsted County Attorney’s Office for review.