- Motorists Urged to Plan Now for Sober Ride on New Year's (Dec. 30, 2013)
- Drunk Drivers Make Their 'DWI Confessions' in New Online Video Series (Dec. 26, 2013)
- More Than 1,000 Arrested for DWI Since Thanksgiving Eve (Dec. 12, 2013)
- Deadly Monday on Roads Prompts Safe Winter Travel Reminder (Dec. 3, 2013)
- Law Enforcement Serving Up Extra DWI Enforcement Beginning Thanksgiving Eve (Nov. 26, 2013)
- Parents Face the "Point of Impact" in New Driver's Education Tool (Nov. 18, 2013)
- 8,297 Unbelted Motorists, Passengers Receive Citations During October Enforcement (Oct. 30, 2013)
- Seat Belt Compliance Reaches Record High Rate in Minn. (Oct. 15, 2013)
- New "Yearbook" Teen-Focused Video Supports Launch of Click it or Ticket Enforcement (Oct. 3, 2013)
- Deer-Vehicle Crashes Peak During Fall Months (Oct. 1, 2013)
- Annual Motorcycle Fall Flood Run (Sept. 20, 2013)
- Parents Not Giving a Boost: 10 Children Killed Since 2008, Only 20 Percent in Booster Seats (Sept. 16, 2013)
- Weekend Crashes Kill 8 on Minnesota Roads (Sept. 9, 2013)
- Extra Enforcement of Ted Foss Move Over Law Set for Aug. 31 (Aug. 29, 2013)
- Final Drunk Driving Report: 104 Killed, 28,418 Arrested (Aug. 26, 2013)
- Less Than 1 Percent of Drunk Drivers Reoffend After Using Ignition Interlock (Aug. 21, 2013)
- DWI Arrests Displayed on Billboards and Live-Tweeted to Launch Statewide Enforcement Effort (Aug. 16, 2013)
- July Enforcement Campaign Nets 17,415 Speeding Motorists (Aug. 6, 2013)
- State to Use Signs Above Roads to Encourage Safe Driving (July 15, 2013)
- Younger Drivers' Lead Foots Tipping Scales of Fatal Crashes (July 10, 2013)
- Motorcyclist Fatalities Pass the 25-Death Milestone (July 9, 2013)
- Died on the Fourth of July: Holiday the Deadliest Day of the Year (July 2, 2013)
- Minnesota DWI Enforcer All-Stars to Be Recognized at Twins Game (June 27, 2013)
- Commissioner Dohman Appoints 15 to Motorcycle Safety Advisory Task Force (June 19, 2013)
- Final 2012 Traffic Crash Report: 395 Killed, Up 7% from 2011 (June 18, 2013)
- 10,342 Ticketed During Click It or Ticket Campaign (June 10, 2013)
- Higher Temperatures Lead to More Bicyclist Deaths, Injuries (June 6, 2013)
- 6 Traffic Deaths in Just Over 24 Hours (June 3, 2013)
- Ejected: Half of Unbelted Traffic Deaths Thrown from Vehicle (May 30, 2013)
- Holiday Weekend Recap: At Least Four Killed, 360 DWI Arrests (May 28, 2013)
- On the Road Memorial Day Weekend: Drunk Drivers, Motorcyclists and Extra Seat Belt Patrols (May 23, 2013)
- St. Michael Teen Wins "Buckle Up & Pay Attention" TV PSA Contest (May 22, 2013)
- State Road Deaths Top 100 for the Year (May 20, 2013)
- Click It or Ticket: Increased Seat Belt Patrols Take to Minnesota Roads May 20 (May 16, 2013)
- DPS Rolls Out Metro's Largest One-Day DWI Crackdown (May 9, 2013)
- Voting Opens for Top Teen "Buckle Up and Pay Attention" TV PSA (May 6, 2013)
- Spring Motorcycle Flood Run This Weekend (April 19, 2013)
- Statewide Distracted Driving Enforcement April 18 (April 17, 2013)
- Prom Warning: Spring Months the Worst for Unbelted Teen Deaths (April 9, 2013)
- Deadliest Weekend of the Year: Eight Killed on Minnesota Roads (April 8, 2013)
- Following Deadly 2012, Motorcyclist Rider Training Season Begins (March 21, 2013)
- Law Enforcement Plans a Wee Bit of Extra DWI Enforcement St. Patrick's Day Weekend (March 14, 2013)
- 11 Killed in 10 Days on Minnesota Roads (March 6, 2013)
- State Program Provided 4,591 Car Seats to Low-Income Families During Last Two Years (Feb. 25, 2013)
- One Year Ago: The Deadliest Day on the Road in 2012 (Feb. 19, 2013)
- Drunk Driving Deaths on Super Bowl Sunday Tally Zero During Last Four Years (Jan. 31, 2013)
- Forget the Super Bowl Commercials — Minnesota Teens Create Safe Driving TV Spots to Win $1,000 (Jan. 29, 2013)
- Tips to Putting the Brrrrrakes on Winter Driving Crashes (Jan. 18, 2013)
- Safety Officials Stress Motorcyclist Training Following Deadliest Year Since 2009 (Jan. 11, 2013)
- December Campaign Results in 2,551 DWI Arrests in Minnesota (Jan. 11, 2013)
- Minnesota Traffic Deaths Up in 2012, Marking State's First Increase in Deaths in Five Years (Jan. 3, 2013)
- At Least 300 Arrested for DWI Over New Year's Eve (Jan. 2, 2013)
- Minnesota Goes for Fifth Straight Year of Zero Drunk Driving Deaths on New Year's Eve (Dec. 27)
- At Least 1,300 Arrested for DWI To-Date in December (Dec. 18)
- Drunk Drivers on the Naughty List for December DWI Patrols (Dec. 6)
- Top 13 Dangerous Drunk Driving Counties Serving Up Extra Helpings of DWI Patrols for Thanksgiving Eve (Nov. 19, 2012)
- Unbelted Deaths: 87 Killed in 2012 — October Deadliest Month (Nov. 5, 2012)
- Boo! Extra DWI Patrols this Weekend for Halloween Party Period (Oct. 25, 2012)
- State Seat Belt Compliance Continues to Climb; Females, SUV Motorists Best at Belting (Oct. 18, 2012)
- Fasten Your Seat Belts — Increased Belt Patrols to Run Statewide (Oct. 11, 2012)
- Teens Turn Cameras on to Seat Belts, Distracted Driving in TV Commercial Contest (Oct. 5, 2012)
- Motorcyclist Deaths Continue to Spike in 2012 (Sept. 20, 2012)
- 30 Years of Child Passenger Safety Laws Highlight Importance of Car Seats, Boosters (Sept. 17, 2012)
- 1,842 DWI Arrests During Statewide Campaign, Aug. 17–Sept. 3 (Sept. 13, 2012)
Annual Traffic Deaths Fall Under 400 for First Time Since 1944 (Jan. 4, 2012)
Traffic crashes in Minnesota claimed the lives of The figure represents a 38 percent reduction in deaths since 2001, and a fourth consecutive annual decline in fatalities.
Alcohol-Related Deaths, Injuries on the Decline During New Year's Eve (Dec. 30, 2011)
In the last five years during the holiday, 13 people were killed on Minnesota roads and only two were alcohol-related — representing a significant drop from the previous five years when 23 were killed and nine were alcohol-related.
More than 800 Arrested for DWI Mid-Way through December Enforcement (Dec. 19, 2011)
Preliminary reports indicate 823 motorists have been arrested during the first two weekends of added enforcement.
Increased DWI Patrols in December (Dec. 1, 2011)
December is the peak month for alcohol-related crashes.
2011 Minnesota Thanksgiving Travel Period Could Be Safest on Record (Nov. 29, 2011)
Preliminary crash reports indicate one person was killed during the holiday travel timeframe, which would make it the safest Thanksgiving since OTS began tracking the statistic in 1974.
Open Season on Impaired Road Turkeys Declared During Thanksgiving Holiday (Nov. 22, 2011)
Added servings of DWI enforcement will be dished out during Thanksgiving, historically one of the year's deadliest holiday travel periods.
Minnesota Tops 300 Traffic Fatalities for Year as Toward Zero Deaths Conference Convenes in Duluth (Nov. 15, 2011)
Preliminary road death figures passed the 300 death mark this week, but the 303 fatalities to-date in 2011 are well below the 357 deaths at this time in 2010.
State's 20 Counties with Highest Percentage of Unbelted Deaths Mapped (Nov. 10, 2011)
Counties in the northwest, southeast and southwest are among the worst counties for belt use according to an Office of Traffic Safety study.
Unmasked: Video of Halloween-Costumed DWI Offenders Released as Twin Cities DWI Patrols Gear Up (Oct. 27, 2011)
A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, French maid and Jeanie from "I Dream of Jeanie" find out that if you don't drive sober, you get pulled over.
Minnesota Teens Called on to Create "Buckle Up" TV Spots (Oct. 18, 2011)
Winning teen producer will win $1,000; entries due April 16, 2012.Winning teen can win $1,000; entries due April 16, 2012.
State Seat Belt Use at Record High, But Proper Booster Seat Use Low (Oct. 20, 2011)
The OTS annual observational belt survey finds females, van occupants and seniors have highest rates.
More than 400 Unbelted Deaths Over Past Three Years (Oct. 13, 2011)
Extra, statewide seat belt enforcement runs Oct. 14-27 to increase belt use and save lives.
Fear the Deer — Deadly, Autumn Road Hazard (Oct. 11, 2011)
October and November are peak times for deer crashes and motorcyclists are especially at risk.
Pedestrian, Bicyclists Deaths Down in 2011, But October Deadliest Month in 2010 (Oct. 7, 2011)
As days become darker earlier, motorists must increase awareness of pedestrians and cyclists.
Only Half of Kids Killed or Injured Are Properly Restrained (Sept. 19, 2011)
Of the 30 children (ages 0-7) killed and 4,021 injured during the last five years, only 53 percent of victims were properly secured.
1,787 Arrested for DWI During End-of-Summer Crackdown (Sept. 14, 2011)
The State Patrol arrested 326 and St. Paul Police reported 97 arrests during the 18-day campaign, Aug. 19–Sept. 5.
2010 Impaired Driving Report — 131 Killed, Lowest Annual Death Figure on Record (Sept. 2, 2011)
Minnesota Motor Vehicle Impaired Driving Facts 2010 reports alcohol-related deaths are down 21 percent from five years ago. OTS cites enforcement and education campaigns as factors for the continuing decline of these deaths.
Minnesota Joins Nationwide DWI Crackdown Through Labor Day (Aug. 19, 2011)
Drive sober or get pulled over — extra DWI enforcement is on the roads statewide and nationwide.
200 Killed on Minnesota Roads To-Date in 2011 (Aug. 16, 2011)
Minnesota road deaths hit the 200 death mark for the year following a deadly July and a tragic first week of August.
Statewide Speed Enforcement Campaign Cites 21 Motorists in Excess of 100 mph (Aug. 9, 2011)
Minnesota law enforcement officers working a July speeding enforcement campaign put the brakes on 21 motorists traveling in excess of 100 mph, another 72 motorists were stopped going more than 90 mph.
July Deadliest Month for Traffic Deaths in 2011 (Aug. 9, 2011)
At least 43 people were killed in July, the worse month for road deaths so far in 2011. The first week of August was also among the deadliest seven-day periods of the year when 13 were killed.
Motorcyclist Deaths Up, Pass 20-Death Mark for Year (July 28, 2011)
Rider deaths are up 30 percent in 2011 compared to this time in 2010; a concern as August and September are high-fatal months for motorcyclists.
2011 DWI Enforcer All-Stars Announced (July 21, 2011)
The state's top cops for arresting drunk and impaired drivers were honored at Target Field July 21.
OTS Launches New DWI Enforcement TV Campaign (June 9, 2011)
A series of "Don't Be What You Drink" TV spots will be on the air this summer to support extra DWI patrols that will be on the roads. View the campaign.
Final 2010 Crash Facts Report Released (June 21, 2011)
There were 411 people killed on Minnesota roads in 2010, the lowest annual death count since 1944. The 2010 Minnesota Motor Vehicle Crash Facts report is now online.
OTS Releases New Texting While Driving TV Spots (April 2011)
Two new texting while driving TV spots feature dead people texting from their body bags. View the campaign.
New Website Memorializes Minnesota Crash Victims (Feb. 2011)
MinnesotaCrashVictims.org is a dramatic new OTS website that allows families to post remembrances of their lost loved ones.