Mutual Aid Status Map
What is it?
The SFMD recently introduced the Fire
Department Mutual Aid Status Map to help when departments find themselves
in need of additional resources. The map indicates each fire department’s
service status and ability to respond to mutual aid requests as well as
COVID-19 positivity levels.
Here is what each color indicates:
- Green: The fire department is available with no
personnel testing positive for COVID-19
- Yellow: The fire department is available, but
has a member(s) testing positive for COVID-19
- Red: The department is available, but has a
significant outbreak of personnel testing positive for COVID-19.
- Black: The department is out of service due to
- White: The fire department has not reported, logged on, etc.
Current situation (out of 776 Minnesota fire departments)
- Available (COVID free): 394
- Available (COVID positive): 93
- Available (Significant COVID impact): 1
- Out of Service: 0
- Non-reporting: 288
Why is the map necessary?
The map was developed following challenges encountered
during several unplanned large-scale events in Minnesota in 2020.
We need your information
What should you do?
If an incident or
situation overwhelms your department and your needs exceed the resources
of local mutual aid partners, contact your SFMD fire service specialist.
SFMD fire service
specialists can engage the Statewide Mutual Aid Group to ensure continuity
of service to affected communities.
Contact your fire service specialist with questions and for
Tate Mills (west
central): Email him or call
him at 320-333-2817.
Jared Rozeboom (south): Email him or call him at
Steve White (northwest):
Email him or call him