Here are some fact sheets created by the Minnesota State Fire Marshal Division that you can share with your family, friends, students and fellow firefighters.
- After the fire: A fire can be devastating and leave you feeling confused and alone. Here are some instructions on what you should do after the fire.
- Alternative heating: The number of home fires spikes in the winter months as people use alternative heating sources like space heaters. This fact sheet will help you and your family staff cozy and safe.
- Campus fire safety: Make sure your college student's home away from home is safe with these campus fire safety tips.
- Christmas trees: Christmas trees decorate millions of American homes during the holidays. Find out the best way to make sure your tree doesn't turn the holidays into a tragedy.
- General fire safety and prevention: Fires kill dozens of people each year in Minnesota. Here are some general tips to help you prevent a fire in your home and to help you get out safely if a blaze does start.
- Rural area fire tips: If you live in a rural area, there are some extra precautions you should take to make sure fire trucks can find your home.
- Smoke alarms: Smoke alarms save lives -- but only if they work. This fact sheet will tell you all you need to know about smoke alarms.
Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems
As of Jan. 1, 2015, sprinkler systems are required in Minnesota for new houses larger than 4,500 square feet. More information about home fire sprinklers is available from the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition
You can test your knowledge of fire sprinklers with our online quiz