Agencies have the ability to do "Bulk Renewal" using their CLEO's online account. This is the preferred method for an agency to pay for their officer's renewal. It is also the easiest method for agencies that want to renew several officers at the same time.
Individual officers renewing their license are also able to complete their license renewal process using their online account, however the bank fees will be their individual responsibility.
All officers MUST have 48 CE credits in the POST Board system in order to renew their license. If an officer does not have the 48 CE credits, neither they, nor the agency will be able to renew the license. Officers who choose to mail their application and payment must also have the 48 CE credits in the POST system in order to renew. If not, the renewal will not be processed and the payment will be returned.
Bulk Renewal by agency online:
A. Access your online account.
B. Select officer license renewal (only officers whom have met the 48 CE credit requirement).
- Select "peace officers qualified for renewal" from the drop down menu.
*NOTE*If you want to see which officers are DUE FOR RENEWAL but DO NOT have the required 48 CE credits, select "peace officers not qualified for renewal" from the drop down menu.
C. Follow the on-screen prompts and instructions.
IMPORTANT!! The cart should automatically show the total amount due to renew the selected officers. HOWEVER, if you see an amount in your cart for payment that does not match the amount due for renewal, it is because you have another application awaiting payment.
D. Make payment.
E. Make sure your officers have created an online account to receive their renewed license by email.
Renewal process for an individual officer:
Online renewal (preferred method)
- Click the "online services" link on the home page at https://dps.mn.gov/entity/post/pages/default.aspx .
- Either create an online account or “Log in" to an existing account.
- On your Dashboard, under "Actions" select the option “Renewal."
- Pay with a credit/debit card or check routing number.
- US Bank will assess a processing fee which varies depending on the method of payment.
Click on this link if you do not have an existing account and need to create one. DO NOT create a second account if you already have one. Contact POST staff with any problems accessing an existing account.
Paper renewal (non-preferred method)
- Agency receives and prints the renewal applications for their officers.
- Distribute to individual officers to submit with their payment.
- Officers mail their application with a check to MN POST Board to complete the renewal process.
- Once the payment is processed, an official renewed license will be emailed to the officer.