What We Do
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety is a large and complex agency dedicated to prevention, preparedness, response, recovery, enforcement and education.
Our 15 divisions serve Minnesotans with programs in:
- Law enforcement
- Fire code development, fire investigation and safety inspection
- Forensic science
- Crime and fraud prevention
- Crime victims’ services
- Homeland security and emergency management
- Emergency communications network management
- Traffic and motorcycle safety
- Driver licensing and vehicle registration
- Alcohol and gambling enforcement
- Pipeline safety and rule enforcement
- Public safety education
Learn more about DPS programs and services on the DPS YouTube page.
Commissioner John Harrington leads the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. Learn more about him on the commissioner's website.
Related Minnesota Statutes