The goals, vision and mission of the Statewide Emergency Communications Board consistently emphasize interoperable communications and the board has charged the Interoperability Committee to advise it on all matters related to public safety communications interoperability. The committee engages a wide and diverse group of stakeholders to consider and provide guidance on matters such as:
- Interaction of ARMER radio users from different geographical regions
- Interaction of ARMER users from different disciplines: fire, emergency medical services, law enforcement, public works and federal entities such as FBI, etc.
- Connectivity and procedural matters related to how ARMER radio users interact and connect with non-ARMER users
- Connectivity and procedural matters in communicating with neighboring states and Canada
- Implementation of national mutual aid channels
- Evaluation of existing and new technologies as they relate to interoperability resources.
To learn more go to What is Interoperability on the ECN website.
The Interoperability Committee meets on the third Tuesday of every odd-numbered month (January, March, May, July, September, and November). Meeting materials must be submitted to the committee no later than 9 business days prior to each meeting.
Minutes will be posted when they approved by the Committee. Minutes are reviewed during the meeting immediately following any meeting of the Committee for which minutes are taken; e.g., minutes taken for the February meeting will be posted in April, and minutes taken for the April meeting will be posted in May unless there is some deviation from the regular committee schedule.
The next meeting of the Interoperability Committee will be held on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. at MnDOT Training and Conference Center (1900 County Road I West, Shoreview, MN 55126)
May 2017 Agenda -- Under Construction
2017 Meeting Archive
March 2017 Minutes -- Awaiting approval
2016 Meeting Archive
Past Years Meeting Archives
2015 Interoperability Committee Minutes Archive