AGE Logo

Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement

A Division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety

Licensing FAQ


Click for general questions about alcohol regulation

Brand Registration

A brand of intoxicating liquor or 3.2 malt liquor may not be manufactured, imported into, or sold into Minnesota unless the brand labels have been registered with and approved by AGED.

Click for questions about brand registration


License obtained to legally ship alcoholic beverages to a licensed manufacturer or wholesaler.

Click for questions about importers


A person who, by a process of manufacture, fermenting, brewing, distilling, refining, rectifying, blending, or combining, prepares or produces intoxicating liquor for sale.

Click for questions about manufacturers


 "Wholesaler" is a person who sells alcoholic beverages to persons to whom sale is permitted under section 340A.310, from a stock maintained in a warehouse in the state.

Click for questions about wholesalers

FAQ does not cover all information, please read Minnesota State Statues and Rules, or contact our office.

Updated on 08/19/2015