Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
AGE Logo

Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement

A Division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety
I want to:   

What's New?

Executive Order Enforcement

​Investigators with the Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division are working with our partners at the Minnesota Departments of Health and Labor and Industry to ensure restaurants and bars are following proper COVID protocol in order to stay open.
Investigators observed 1,008 establishments from June 25-Sept. 10.
In all, 18 warning letters were issued with no fines being assessed by AGED.
To ensure businesses remain open, establishments should:

  • Require employees to wear masks.
  • Take reservations.
  • Adhere to social distancing with tables at least six feed apart.
  • Serve at no more than 50 percent capacity. 

Customers should:

  • Wear masks when not seated or eating.
  • Avoid congregating at the bar.
  • Refrain from pulling tables together to allow for additional people to eat with a party.

A full list of the establishments inspected can be found here.

Together we can all do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19

​We all must do our part to keep businesses safe and help reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Per Governor Tim Walz’s Executive Order 20-74, bar and restaurant employees must wear masks, establishment must adhere to social distancing with tables less than six feet apart and not serve to more than 50 percent capacity.

To report violations by businesses: Contact local law enforcement or one of the agencies listed below, if applicable.

  • To ask questions or report violations of this Executive Order that relate to worker health and safety: Contact the Department of Labor and Industry by email at or by phone at 651-284-5050 or 1-877-470-6742.
  • To ask other workplace-related questions about this Executive Order: Contact the Department of Employment and Economic Development using the form on Questions about Returning to Work.
  • To report violations by restaurants and food service establishments, pools, or lodging services: Follow the instructions on MDH Online Complaint Form. In some instances, you may need to contact a local public health agency to report your complaint. Refer to the “Before reporting a complaint” section on the above webpage or to the Minnesota State and Local Food, Pools, and Lodging Contacts (PDF) to determine whether a local public health agency is the right contact for your area.
  • To report discrimination in relation to this Executive Order: Contact the Minnesota Department of Human Rights at 1-833-454-0148 or submit a report at Report Discrimination Online.
  • For general questions about face covering requirements or COVID-19: Contact the Minnesota Department of Health by phone at 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504, or submit an inquiry using the Have a Question? We're here to help online form.

Featured Video

Video Description: Get an inside look at how the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division works with Native American tribes to ensure slot machines are paying out correctly and gaming is fair for all.