Driver Services Contact Forms
COVID-19 Impact Info
The DVS Public Information Center is receiving a high volume of emails due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so response times are longer than normal. As of May 26, email processing time is 25 days. For information about driver and vehicle services being offered at this time, please visit our COVID-19 FAQs page.
We want to hear from you
Frequently asked questions about driver's license, identification card, enhanced / REAL ID cards and reinstatement requirements are listed below.
What do I do if I didn't receive my driver's license or identification card or if there is an error on my card?
- If you received your driver's license or ID card and there is an error on it, please fill out the online DL/ID correction contact form.
- If you have not received your card yet, please use the Driver's License Lookup to check the status. If it is 14 days past the date of issuance, please fill out the DL / ID correction contact form.
What if I need assistance with REAL ID or enhanced driver's license or ID?
- View more information about Enhanced DL / ID.
- Learn more about REAL ID.
- Find out where you can apply for an enhanced driver's license or ID card by visiting the office locations page, entering your location and selecting the Driver License or ID Card - Enhanced option.
- For additional questions or concerns regarding EDL / REAL ID, use the REAL ID / Enhanced contact form.
Can I renew my driver's license or ID or apply for a duplicate by mail?
- This process is only for Minnesota residents who are temporarily out of state.
- Your current card cannot be expired for more than one year from date of expiration.
- If you are active duty military, view military exceptions.
- Get instructions on how to apply for a Renewal by Mail.
- To request a packet, please fill out the contact form.
What if I need assistance with driver compliance?
What if I need assistance with my commercial driver's license?
How can I get help with an online services issue?
- For questions or concerns regarding online services, contact us by using the online services contact form.
How do I provide feedback to DVS customer service?
- If you have a customer service comment or would like to share additional feedback, please fill out our customer service contact form.
What if I am new to Minnesota or I have a question that is not listed here?
- Find information if you are new to Minnesota.
- For other questions, please fill out the contact form.
Driver Services can be reached at (651) 297-3298.