The Ensuring Police Excellence and Improving Community Relations Advisory Council was established during the 2020 2nd Special Session. By statute, the 15 member Advisory Council consists of:
- Superintendent of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (or designee)
- Executive Director of the POST Board
- Executive Director of the Minnesota Police and Peace officers Assoc.
- Executive Director of the Minnesota Sheriff's Assoc.
- Executive Director of the Minnesota Chiefs of Police Assoc.
- 6 community members:
- 4 representing community-speci fic boards under MN Statutes sections 15.0145 and 3.922
- 1 advocate for victims appointed by Violence Free Minnesota
- 1 mental health advocate appointed by Minnesota Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental illness
- 4 members appointed by the legislature
Link to the original bill: http://wdoc.house.leg.state.mn.us/leg/LS91/2_2020/HF0001.1.pdf
Linke to technical bill and revisions: http://wdoc.house.leg.state.mn.us/leg/LS91/3_2020/HF0002.0.pdf
More information about the Advisory Council, including council members and meeting dates, will be posted here as soon as the information is available.
Meeting materials and agendas for the upcoming meetings are posted here as soon as available and prior to the meeting. Minutes are not available until approved at the following board meeting.
October 14, 2020, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
November 17, 2020, 10:00-11:00am
December 15, 2020, 10:00-11:00am
Link to Meeting Recording
Approved Meeting Minutes
February 19, 2021, 1:00-2:30pm
March 1, 2021, 9:00-10:30am Special Meeting
April 5, 2021, 9:00-10:30am
May 3, 2021, 9:00-10:30am
June 7, 2021, 9:00-10:30am
August 2, 2021, 9:00-10:30am Meeting to be held in person at POST Board office Board Room
September 13, 2021
Agenda and Meeting Materials