Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
I want to:   

New Driver's License System

Use the new pre-application
feature for faster service.

New online services >>

What's New?

Crash Facts: Forewarned is Forearmed

A destroyed vehicle at a car crash sceneSome people really geek out on data. Some people don’t. But we can all agree that the more information we have about something, the better.

Take motor vehicle crash statistics. The Minnesota Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) releases an annual report called Crash Facts, and it’s full of statistics about where, when, and how crashes happen, as well as who they happen to. Minnesota Motor Vehicle Crash Facts 2017 has just been released, and the information provided in it can help you travel our roadways more safely.

Read all about it in our latest blog.

REAL ID: Your Frequently Asked Questions Answered

Minnesota REAL ID driver's license
You’ve probably noticed that REAL IDs are now available in Minnesota. And you may be aware that you can use your standard ID for federal purposes until Oct. 1, 2020 – so there’s no rush. But you may have other questions about REAL ID and the process of obtaining one.

Not to worry – a lot of your fellow Minnesotans have had the same questions, so we’ve put together an FAQ to clear things up.

Check it out in the DPS blog.

Featured Video

Video Description: Questions about Real ID? Wondering why your cell phone flashed a presidential alert? Do you have a recalled space heater in your home? We address all that and more in this edition of “Public Safety: In Focus.”