The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Health and Dental Insurance
As a full-time, permanent employee, you are eligible to participate in the state’s group insurance program and choose either single or family coverage.
There are a variety of health and dental plans. Each health plan provides comprehensive coverage for most illnesses and injuries. All dental plans provide comprehensive coverage for most conditions requiring dental diagnosis and treatment, including orthodontic treatment for children, as well as a broad range of preventive services.
Life and Disability Insurance
The state offers both basic and optional life insurance coverage for you, your spouse and children.
- Basic insurance automatically entitles you to a term life insurance policy in an amount equal to your annual salary.
- Options to purchase additional term life insurance are available for you, your spouse and children.
- Optional disability insurance is offered that will help replace lost income should you become disabled.
- Short-term disability insurance provides income for up to 180 days if you become totally disabled
due to illness, injury or pregnancy.
- Long-term disability insurance provides income beyond 180 days of total disability.