The Minnesota School Safety Center (MnSSC) serves as an essential school safety resource to schools, law enforcement, emergency responders and community partners by providing information, guidance, training, and technical assistance for all-hazard safety planning for schools.
The MnSSC works to:
- Guide school districts in developing and enhancing emergency plans
- Assist in the development of all hazard safety plans for schools
- Coordinate preparedness activities including prevention, protection, mitigation, response and recovery with federal, state and local partners.
Current Training Offerings
The Minnesota School Safety Center is offering two comprehensive SRO training classes to be held in June and August of 2014. Detailed information about each course can be seen by clicking the links below.
School Safety Specialists
These positions initiate, develop, enhance, maintain and coordinate the programs of the School Safety Center by providing planning direction and interagency coordination through the development of guidance materials, research of best practices, analysis of data, and presentations to key school and emergency response audiences.
Nancy Lageson - Director Minnesota School Safety Center
Gina Wieler - School Resource Officer Training Coordinator
- Law Enforcement Liaison
- School Shooter/Intruder planning and response
- Bomb Threat planning and response
Randy W. Johnson - School Emergency Planning Coordinator
- All-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools
- School Drills and Exercises
Mike Christianson - Safe School Assessment Coordinator
- School Facility Self-Assessments
- State Fire Marshall Liaison
- School Administrator Liaison