The Minnesota School Safety Center (MnSSC) serves as an essential school safety resource to schools, law enforcement, emergency responders and community partners by providing information, guidance, training, and technical assistance for all-hazard safety planning for schools.
The MnSSC works to:
- Guide school districts in developing and enhancing emergency plans
- Assist in the development of all hazard safety plans for schools
- Coordinate preparedness activities including prevention, protection, mitigation, response and recovery with federal, state and local partners.
For more information contact:
Nancy Lageson, Director
Minnesota School Safety Center
These positions initiate, develop, enhance, maintain and coordinate the programs of the School Safety Center by providing planning directions, and interagency coordination through the development of guidance materials, analysis of surveys and other data, and presentations to key school and emergency response audiences.
Gina Wieler - School Resource Officer Coordinator
- School Resource Officer Training
- Liaison for law enforcement agencies
- Active Shooter and Bomb Threat planning and response
Randy W. Johnson - School Emergency Planning Coordinator
- Comprehensive School Safety Guide
- All-Hazard School Planning
- Evacuation and Reunification
- School Drills and Exercises
Mike Christianson - Safe School Assessment Coordinator
- School Facility Self-Assessments
- State Fire Marshall Liaison
- Recovery and Restoration