The Minnesota State Fire Marshal Division is ready to assist Minnesota fire departments any way we can. To the left in the gray naviation bar will find a variety of information and resources pertaining to the Minnesota fire service.
Much of this information focuses on public education, an important part of our mission at the State Fire Marshal Division. You’ll find information and resources on these pages to help you reach out to your community and teach them about fire prevention and fire safety.
Kitchen fire safety trailer training
Fire departments interested in renting one of two kitchen fire safety trailers available from the Minnesota State Fire Chief Public Education Committee are encouraged to attend a free training session on May 16. The trailers will be made available to departments that have gone through the mandatory training.
- When: 6:30-7:30 p.m., May 16
- Where: St. James Fire Department
- To RSVP: Contact Bill Nelson at 507-327-7744 or email him.
- Gear is required if you would like to get some hands-on training.
Trailers can be reserved pending training. More information is included in this flyer
A training session in Brainerd is being planned in late May. A date will be announced later.
The SFMD has three fire service specialists serving different parts of the state. Their service areas
are broken up by Minnesota State Fire Department Association Districts. Below is each fire service specialist's contact information and service area.
- Kevin Sedivy serves MSFDA regions three, five, seven and eight. You can contact him via email or call him at 651-295-1639.
- Tate Mills serves MSFDA regions two, four, six, nine and 10. You can contact him via email or call him at 320-333-2817.
- John Ehret serves MSFDA regions one, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 16. You can contact him via email or call him at 651-323-7134.