Fire Service Specialists
Fire service specialists are a liaison between the SFMD and Minnesota Fire Departments. They also provide assistance as requested by fire department officials across Minnesota.
What they do
The fire service specialists assist fire departments upon request with the following:
- Answer 1-800-Fire Line (national fire department information number).
- NFA state training point of contact.
- Publications from SFMD available on website.
- Fire Department management assistance.
- Disciplinary issues.
- MBFTE Training Funding.
- Development of SOPs/SOGs.
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant and other grant assistance.
- Minimum credentials/requirements.
- Mutual aid agreements/joint powers agreements.
- Service Planning Grant Program.
The SFMD has a great list of state and federal resources. Please check out this page
on our website for more information.
Staging manager program
During large-scale incidents, local fire departments have expressed a need for staging coordination and support. Learn more about the SFMD's staging program in this fact sheet.
Contact the SFMD fire service specialists
The SFMD has four fire service specialists serving different parts of the state. This state map
displays the counties to which each fire service specialist is assigned.
- Tate Mills covers the west central part of the state. You can email or call him at 320-333-2817.
- David Jensen covers the northeast part of the state. You can email or call him at 651-413-1831
- Jared Rozeboom covers the southern part of the state. You can email or call him at 507-456-0907.
- Steve White covers the northwest part of the state. You can email or call him 218-579-0128.